FIREWORKS MUSIC SCHOOL ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal information when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Fireworks Music School is the controller and is responsible for your personal information.
07710 521 883
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Personal information that we collect about you
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal information about you and process the following data about you:
- Identity information – such as your first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender
- Contact information –such as your postal address, email address and telephone numbers
- Technical information – such as information from your visits to our website, your browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website
- Usage information – including information about how you use our website and services
- Any other information relating to you which you may provide to us
How we collect your personal information
We use different methods to collect information from and about you including through:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by contacting us on our site https://fireworksmusicschool.com or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
- Information we collect about you. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform. We collect this personal data by using cookies and other similar technologies.
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We also collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated data may be derived from your personal information but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your certain usage data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect aggregated data with your personal information so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any special categories of personal information about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How we use your personal information
We use information held about you in a number of ways in the provision of our services as follows:
- to support pupil learning
- to monitor and report on pupil progress
- to register new pupils
- to administer and protect our business and website, including troubleshooting, auditing and monitoring its use
- data analysis, system maintenance and support and survey processes
- to provide and improve our services to you
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
We use your personal information on the following bases:
- To perform a contract, such as engaging with an individual or a pupil to provide our services
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- For our legitimate business purposes, such as:
- to keep our records updated and to study how pupils use our services
- to develop and improve our services and to grow our business
- to inform and update our marketing strategy
- for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise)
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Sharing your personal information
We may be required to share your personal information with certain trusted third parties in accordance with certain contractual obligations that we have with them and to assist us in providing you with our services, including:
- music teachers who may or will provide music lessons to pupils
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
How we protect your personal information
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those such people and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means. We also take into account legal and regulatory requirements which require the retention of personal information for a minimum period of time, limitation periods for taking legal action, good practice and our general business purposes.
International transfers of your personal information
We may, in certain circumstance, transfer your personal information out of the European Economic Area (EEA). If we do, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring that we only transfer your personal information to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
Your rights regarding your personal information
You have certain rights under the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulations and other data protection laws
in relation to your personal information. You can:
- request access to your personal information and how we process it
- request correction of the personal information that we hold about you
- ask us to delete your personal information
- object to us processing your personal information
- request the restriction of processing of your personal information
- request the transfer of your personal information to you or to a third party
- withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide our services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent. Please note that even after you have chosen to withdraw your consent we may be able to continue to process your personal information to the extent required or otherwise permitted by law, in particular in connection with exercising and defending our legal rights or meeting our legal and regulatory obligations.